Dental Implants in Ardmore - Dental Care Center - Dr. Weaver
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a small screw made of titanium, which is a metal that the body easily accepts. The dental implant is inserted into the bone of the jaw, and over time the jawbone integrates with the implant surface, firmly anchoring it.
Under normal conditions, the healing process can take as little as 6 weeks. After this time, a crown, bridge, or denture is secured to the implant.
Ask your dentist how dental implants can work for your individual situation.
|Implants as a replacement for one tooth.
|Implants as a replacement of several teeth.
|Implants as a replacement of all teeth with a non-removable bridge.
|Implant solutions for denture wearers.
Implants can also be used to support full dentures.
Restoration without implants
One of the major benefits of dental implants is that they provide a stable foundation for replacement teeth and help preserve the neighboring teeth and the bone structure.
With traditional treatment methods, healthy neighboring teeth have to be ground down to support a crown or bridge. Additionally, because the tooth root is not replaced, the bone may deteriorate.
Restoration with implants
With implant treatment, the dental implant replaces the lost tooth root and provides a stable foundation for
the replacement tooth, thus eliminating the need to grind down healthy neighboring teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
Benefits of dental implants
- Dental implants are the closest possible replacement to natural teeth.
- They make replacement teeth stable for eating and smiling with confidence.
- Dental implants remove the need to cut down healthy teeth for a bridge.
- They can eliminate the pain caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Dental implants help preserve the bone in the jaws.
- In some cases, they help maintain the shape of the face.
Advantages of Straumann implants:
- High Swiss-quality standards for products you can trust.
- Extensive research and 30 years of documented clinical experience.
- Excellent success rate - more than 95% over a ten-year period.
- Most widely used dental implant system in the world with over 3 million implants placed.
- Unique patented implant surface for reduced healing time.
- Global presence and worldwide support and education for doctors and their patients.
Because traditional methods of tooth replacement, such as crowns, bridges, partials, and dentures, have disadvantages in terms of appearance and function, dental implants are considered by many dentists as the preferred method of tooth replacement.
Your dentist will be happy to review with you the specific procedure that would be best suited for your individual situation.
Example: Replacement of one tooth.
The first step in the treatment sequence is careful planning, which begins with a thorough examination of your individual oral situation. Through X-rays and models of your mouth, your doctor will determine the most suitable treatment plan for your situation.
2. Implant placement
The next step is placing the implant in the jaw. This procedure is usually performed in the dental office under local anesthesia. Once the implant is placed, it is left to heal. Healthy bone can form a strong bond with the implant in just 6 weeks
3. Replacement teeth
When the healing period is complete, the implant provides a solid foundation for attaching your replacement tooth.